HD PENTAX DA AF REAR CONVERTER 1.4X AW
Ships within 1 business day
- MAGNIFICATION: 1.4 times
- LENS CONSTRUCTION: 4 elements in 3 groups
- LENS MOUNT: KAF2
- LENS CASE: Lens soft case DA70mm Limited
- MAXIMUM DIAMETER x LENGTH: Approx. 65mmx20mm (2.6inchx0.8inch)
- WEIGHT: Approx. 126g/4.4oz
- BUNDLE: Case, Body Mount Cap, Lens Mount Cap
- OTHERS: HD Coating, weather resistant, dustproof construction(AW)
The HD PENTAX DA AF 1.4X AW rear converter features weather-resistant construction to prevent the intrusion of water and moisture into the lens barrel when paired with weather sealed PENTAX DSLR bodies and lenses. The user is assured of greater durability and reliability when shooting in rain or mist, as well as at locations subject to a spray or splash.
PENTAX HD Lens Coating
Treated with HD coating, a PENTAX-exclusive multi-layer lens coating, enjoy higher light transmittance and lower reflectance than conventional multi-layer coatings. This means it produces sharp, clear images free of flare and ghost images, even under such adverse lighting conditions as backlight.
1.4X Magnification in a Compact Form Factor
The HD PENTAX DA AF 1.4X AW rear converter offers a 40% increase in focal length when mounted between the body and lens, yet has an extremely small form factor. Measuring only 20 millimeters (approximately 0.8 inches) long, its compact, lightweight design allows the user to easily reach out to distant subjects. The minimum focusing distance of the lens is retained, allowing for the capture of larger, more detailed images in close-up situations.
- *When this rear converter is mounted, the lens maximum aperture will be smaller by 1 stop.
Auto Focus and Aperture Compatibility
Auto Focus and Auto Aperture functionality is retained when using the HD PENTAX DA AF 1.4X AW rear converter. The rear converter works flawlessly with both the camera-driven AF system and the lens-driven AF system (such as the SDM- and DC- series lenses).**
- **The camera’s firmware must be updated to the latest version before using the autofocus function. Compatible camera bodies are: K-3, K-50, K-500, K-30, K-5 II, K-5 II s, K-5, K-01, K-7, and K-r. Autofocus is possible with a PENTAX lens having maximum aperture of f/4 or brighter.